Miridian Call Pilot
Increasing enterprise productivity through global unified messaging
Maximizing the effectiveness of your workforce is a constant challenge. In the enterprise business environment, it is crucial to recognize new technologies that can help you accelerate business success. With CallPilot* Unified Messaging, Avaya Networks delivers a solid platform that will provide improvements in user productivity and allow your business to operate more efficiently. CallPilot combines voicemail, fax, and e-mail into a single location that can be accessed from anywhere, whether over the Internet or by telephone. How many hours does your workforce spend running to and from a shared fax machine? How often are your employees unable to check e-mail or faxes while traveling or working off-site?
CallPilot will give you the ability to bring disparate messaging together and take back the countless hours that are lost during a typical business day. CallPilot provides powerful mobility solutions that are designed to enhance the efficiency of your employees. Imagine the convenience of being able to check your e-mail from any touchtone phone— including your cell phone! Or being able to access voicemail, e-mail, and even incoming faxes from any Web-enabled multimedia PC.
With CallPilots advanced text-to-speech capabilities, you can make diese time-saving features become a reality. The net effect? A significant increase in the ability to compete in global markets^ improve user productivity, and reduce business costs.
One key differentiator that sets CallPilot apart from other unified messaging products is that CallPilot has absolutely no impact on the e-mail server. Many unified messaging systems require extensive integration with the e-mail server, which can end up impacting e-mail capacity, not to mention the administrative nightmare of implementation and ongoing maintenance. With CallPilot, voice and fax messages are stored on the CallPilot Unified Messaging server so that there is no impact to the e-mail server.
Additionally, CallPilot will not flood the network with traffic since only the message header information is put onto the LAN. Messages are made available for playback on an as-needed basis, through the PC or using Telset under a simple-to-operate GUI player, ensuring that network performance is not degraded. And to ensure that the office environment is not disrupted, the network administrator can set parameters that prevent voice messages from being played back on PC speakers.
- Provides access to e-mail, faxes, and voice-mail from any touchtone phone or PC that is browser-enabled
- Improved user productivity and organization through a single messaging access point
- Enables the mobile worker to remain engaged with e-mail by phone and speech activated messaging (SAM) Reduces or eliminates training by providing a simple, streamlined user interface
- Does not impact e-mail servers or generate high volumes of LAN or WAN traffic
- Can be used with a variety of client environments, including Microsoft Outlook, Lotus Notes, Novell GroupWise, Macintosh, and Citrix
- Supports multiple systems, including Meridian V, Succession * 1000, Meridian* SL-100, and CPE Centrex
CallPilot Unified Messaging
CallPilot provides you with two powerful ways to maximize the effectiveness of your global workforce:
- Access to e-mail, fax, and voicemail via the phone
- Access to |e-mail, voicemail, and fax messages from any Web browser-enabled PC
These advanced capabilities will help your employees work more efficiently, both as individuals and as members of workgroups, and are designed to help your business provide best-in-class service and support to your customers and business partners.
Access By Phone
With CallPilot, retrieving voice and e-mail messages from any touchtone phone is as easy as speaking the word “Play.” Users can review their e-mail by phone using the powerful CallPilot Text-to-Speech (TTS) feature, which is capable of reading e-mail aloud in 18 different languages and dialects!
Just pick up any touchtone phone, including a cell phone, and you’ll be able to listen to your e-mail, or print it out on any fax machine. You can also respond to e-mails with a voicemail. And of course, users can easily scan, play back, save, or forward their regular voicemail messages. This cutting-edge technology gives your employees a key advantage over the competition, and can make the difference between missed opportunities and creating successful business relationships.
Empowering users to retrieve e-mail by phone can also deliver very real gains in productivity. Ideal for employees working in the field, CallPilot eliminates the need to have a computer available to check e-mail. Faxes can also be directed to another user or to other fax machines by using either spoken commands or die telephone dial pad.
A Winning Choice
Staying connected to customers and business affiliates, while increasing productivity and reducing operating expenses, is key in todays fast-paced business environment. CallPilot can give your business the advantage it needs to become successful in a world where customers require an immediate response. Whether it’s boosting employee productivity for office workers or enabling better productivity for an organization with mobile workers, CallPilot Unified Messaging has delivered on its promise of messaging anywhere, anytime, without limits.
- Meridian 1 Option 11C
- Meridian 1 Option 51C
- Meridian 1 Option 61C
- Meridian 1 Option 81C
- Succession 1000
- Meridian SL-100
- CPE Centrex
Does not include Symposium
Access by PC
CallPilot gives employees unified access to their messages, including voicemail, faxes, and e-mail, over the Internet from any browser-enabled PC. Instead of simply seeing an envelope icon onscreen that represents e-mail, users will also see telephone and fax machine icons that represent voicemail and incoming faxes. Users can control their mailbox preferences from remote locations, and can access end-user documentation and other useful information online via the My CallPilot browser interface. For Macintosh users, a Macintosh My CallPilot Web client is available for customers running Macintosh operating systems 9.0 and 9.1. Additionally, customers using Citrix Metaframe in a Windows terminal server environment can also provide CallPilot Unified Messaging capabilities to their users.
- Voice messages can be retrieved and composed with the click of a mouse. Voice messages can be played and recorded using PC speakers and a microphone, a headset, or the users desktop phone, and then sent to other voicemail users or as an attachment via e-mail.
- Faxes can be received directly into the users CallPilot voice mailbox. Faxes can be printed locally on a desktop or network printer, printed on another fax machine, or forwarded to another user. In addition, an e-mail or voicemail can be sent in response to a fax that was received. New faxes can also be created and sent, using a custom cover page, to one or multiple users.
- E-mail can be accessed and replied to quickly and easily, whether the user is in dieir office at the corporate site or halfway around the world. Supported e-mail servers include MS Exchange, Lotus Domino, and Novell GroupWise.
Companies that have implemented a Avaya Networks Symposium* contact center can also take advantage of powerful new voice services offered by the synergy delivered by the integration of CallPilot 2.02 and Symposium 4.2.
- Callers who are waiting to speak with an agent can briefly leave the queue, leave a voice message, and then re-enter the queue without losing their place in lineBroadcast announcements can be played informing callers of special promotions, with up to 50 callers supported by a single CallPilot port
- Saves money by eliminating the need for Meridian Mail* in contact centers, and facilitates a quick migration from Meridian Mail by importing existing scripts
- Open voice sessions prompt callers for information and supply expected wait times
Available for Meridian 1 and Succession 1000 systems only.
CallPilot In The Network
CallPilot provides several key network functions, including:
- Compatibility with Meridian Mail location-specific and network-wide broadcasts
- Enables a single CallPilot server to meet die needs of enterprise networks spanning multiple time zones, resulting in reduced equipment costs and simplified system management
- Supports “Names Across the Network” name dialing, name addressing, and spoken name verification via IP-based VPIM networking. This advanced technology improves network transparency to users, and reduces the potential for misdelivered messages
CallPilot also provides several key security features, including strong authentication options as well as message encryption options. CRAM-MD5 Challenge-Response verifies that users and servers are who they claim to be, decreasing the likelihood of a hacker being able to “spoof” a user or messaging server. In addition, Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption provides an even greater level of security for your CallPilot Unified Messaging system.
Web-based Network Management
CallPilot Manager provides Web-based administration, reporting, and configuration capabilities from any location. By enabling the network to be managed either from the central site or from a remote location, this innovative Web-based solution increases the effectiveness of key administrative personnel, reducing the total cost of network ownership. The CallPilot Manager application can be accessed from any browser-enabled PC, eliminating the need to install client software on the remote workstations. Four major management capabilities are provided through the browser-based interface:
- Routine system management
- Report generation on operation and performance of the CallPilot system
- Wizard-based setup or update for CallPilot system configurations, typically after an initial install or upgrade of the server
- CallPilot documentation
* Services Integration or Network Message Service (NMS).